Blush continues in March until month end with the bonus of new painting additions. Wall to wall colour extravaganza!
February Group Show.
Anne Barkley, Sharon Cranston, Guy Cranston, Susan Jillette, Martha Markowsky, Tricia Savoie, John Stevenson, John Mlacak, Venz Vessilinov, Terry Ananny, Marianna Mikhaylyan
A New Year of Art in our lives . Gallery artists group show.
Wonderland. meaning : 1. a place or scene of great or strange beauty or wonder 2. an imaginary realm of marvels or wonders
Nov.13 – Dec. 22, 2012. Paintings of childhood fantasy by Susan Jillette featuring her popular Matt and Jennifer Series.
Also featuring new ” wonderland-like ” paintings by Martha Markowsky, Terry Ananny, Marianna Mikhaylyan, Larry Deacon,Charles Spratt, John Stevenson, John Hiscock, David Farrar, J. Allison Robichaud, Venz Vesselinov, Michel Pleau , John Mlacak, Anne Barkley, and Tricia Savoie .
Includes small paintings added to the mix for holiday gift giving.
Oct. 1- Nov 10, 2012. Group show of paintings highlighting experiences of physical or mental travel, growth, life stages, events or personal transformation. Guest artists featured in this show are Elle Chae and Venz Vesselinov.
Sept 1- 30, 2012. Group Show- Mellow yellow is overshadowed by a “hint of tangerine” with a sense of loss, nostalgia and melancholy. “Measuring a summer’s day, I only finds it slips away to grey, The hours, they bring me pain. Tangerine, Tangerine, Living reflection from a dream; I was her love, she was my queen, And now a thousand years between. Thinking how it used to be, Does she still remember times like these? To think of us again? And I do.” (Lyrics of Led Zeppelin song, Tangerine)
August 1- 31, 2012. Group Show. 60′s tunes like Donovan’s Mellow Yellow have inspired this show with a laid back feel – “quite rightly” for summer time viewing and paintings abound with more than a splash of that heartwarming colour we love – Yellow. Featuring spirited new works by Elizabeth Elkin, Susan Jillette, Martha Markowsky, Marianna Mikhaylyan, Charles Spratt, John Mlacak, Larry Deacon, Julie Himel , Tricia Savoie, Sharon Fox Cranston, and Guy Cranston. Open Tuesday – Friday 10 – 6 . Thursday 10 – 7 . Saturday 10 – 4. Monday by appointment or chance.
John Alexander Day, SCA,OSA: Light & Shadow
June 4 – July 8, 2012 New landscapes by accomplished Ottawa area plein air painter John Alexander Day. Artist Reception : Saturday June 9th 2 – 4 pm.
Anne Barkley, SCA : A Sense of Place
May 1 – 31, 2012 . Artist Reception Saturday May 5, 2 - 4 p.m. Barkley’s recent work explores abstract paintings that begin with a landscape orientation. These various land- and cityscapes invite the viewer to enter and negotiate the implied spaces, to study what is seen or imagined. The painting process is thoughtful but intuitive, and captures a sense of freedom and passion.
April 1- 29, 2012. Small Group Show. Paulette Marie Sauve, Twyla Webster, Denis Larouche and Ted Duncan.
Matters of the Heart
Feb 1 – March 31, 2012. Figure Paintings. Spotlight Artist Julie Himel, Susan Jillette, Terry Ananny, Marianna Mikhaylyan, and Part II Matters of the Heart March1 – 31. New works by Lorena Ziraldo and Denis Larouche added to the mix, Continuing show with works by Julie Himel , Susan Jillette, Terry Ananny and Marianna Mikhaylyan.
Jan 9 – 29 , 2012 Gallery Artists Group Show of Paintings. Kaleidoscope ” a complex pattern of changing colours and shapes”.
Nov. 26 – December 31, 2011 – carried over into 1st week of January – one more week with many precious small paintings still available. Selection of small and miniature paintings for gift giving in the holiday season.
Nov.1 – 26, 2011 Works on Paper. Featuring pastel paintings by Sharon Fox and Guy Cranston. Watercolours by Cheryl Chartier, and L.A. Sandeman
Oct. 4 – 31, 2011 Magic of brush and artistic imagination take flight. Small Group show. Featuring works by Eduard Gurevich, Marianna Mikhaylyan, Terry Ananny , John Hiscock and Kathy Haycock. We are pleased to introduce paintings by Eduard Gurevich this month.
Sept 2 – 30, 2011
Fall Flavour - Gallery artists ‘ exhibit with new work from Anne Barkley, Deborah Czernecky, Larry Deacon, John Day, Elizabeth Elkin ,Martha Markowsky, John Mlacak, Marianna Mikhaylyan, J. Allison Robichaud, Tricia Savoie, Paulette Sauve, Maureen Sheridan, Charles Spratt, John Stevenson. Introducing paintings by Terry Ananny and Cheryl Chartier.
Heat of the Moment
July 4 – August 27, 2011
“*Heat of the moment” describes the immediacy and aliveness of being very involved in an activity- and even overwhelmed by the experience of the moment. Group Show all summer long. Featuring new works by Lorena Ziraldo, Brigitte Nowak, Susan Jillette, Marianna Mikhaylyan, Gilda Pontbriand, Michel Luc Bellemare, Jennifer Foster, Anna Krak- Kepka, Elizabeth Elkin, Elaine Archambault, John Mlacak, Brian Kelly, Larry Deacon, and new work by gallery artists Anne Barkley, Martha Markowsky, Charles Spratt, Stephen Rothwell, Allison Robichaud, Tricia Savoie, John Day, John Stevenson. Artist Spotlight - Figurative paintings by Ayfer Gursoz. July 18 – Aug. 6.
The Nature of Water
May 9 – June 25, 2011
Group Show with paintings by Larry Deacon, John Alexander Day, Michel Pleau, Suzette Emond, Charles Spratt, Allison Robichaud, John Mlacak, Stephen Rothwell, Margaret Chwailkowska , Martha Markowsky, Elaine Archambault, Kathy Haycock, John Hiscock, Tricia Savoie, John Stevenson, Tony Cresswell Jones.
In Praise of Forests
April 4 – 30, 2011
- Group Show Plein Air Painters – With Special Tribute to Ottawa’s Beaver Pond Forest.
- John Mlacak, Sylvio Gagnon, Charles Spratt, John Alexander Day, J. Allison Robichaud, John Stevenson, Tricia Savoie, Alan Bain, Audrey Bain, Martha Markowsky, Lise Massicotte, Luminita Serbanescu
March 1 – 26, 2011
Small group show taking you to the city.
Martha Markowsky, Karen Goetzinger , and Claudia Urbach
Call Me Romantic
Feb.7 – 27 , 2011
- Small Group Show featuring evocative paintings of a romantic nature .
- Michel Luc Bellemare, Keith Burnett, Margaret Chwailkowska, Karen Goetzinger, Catherine Gutsche, Anna Krak-Kepka, Marianna Mikhaylyan, Luminita Serbanescu, and Claudia Urbach
Winter spring summer fall
January 1 – January 31, 2011
- Group Show. Visual trip through the seasons – magical places in time captured with brush on canvas.
November 22 – December 24, 2010
- Group art show at Tay Gallery Kanata featuring many smalls and seasonal original paintings perfect for gift giving .
- Anne Barkley, Heather Assaf, Elizabeth Elkin, Karen Goetzinger, Martha Markowsky, Shirley Mancino, Stephen Rothwell, Allison Robichaud, Charles Spratt, Maureen Sheridan, Mike Smith, Marianna Mikhaylyan, Monika Seidenbusch, Paulette Sauve, Karen Goetzinger, Tricia Savoie, Suzanne Moxon, John Stevenson and others.
Rhythm & Hues
October 18 – November 20th
- Dynamic paintings by 4 area artists : Elizabeth Elkin, Marianna Mikhaylyan, Shirley Mancino and Stephen Rothwell.
Conversations in Colour
September 8th – October 16 2010
- Paintings by Anne Barkley, Charles Spratt, Martha Markowsky, Tricia Savoie, Allison Robichaud and John Stevenson.
July – August 2010
- Group Show – Not your average summer art show.
- Jennifer Campbell, Deborah Czernecky, John Alexander Day, Kathy Haycock, Shirley Mancino, Allison Robichaud, Maureen Sheridan, Monika Seidenbusch, Charles Spratt, J.T. Winik and others
- New oil landscape paintings by John Stevenson and pastels by Sharon Fox Cranston Added last week of July. Show continues until August 30th.
May – June 2010
- 10 Regional artists